Sunday, March 4, 2012

Giving Birth Again

OK, I know real men don't make teddy bears.  But real men can be assisted in making one.




I took a teddy bear making class here at the Rainbow Plantation in Summerdale during a cool and wet week.   Several other men participated.  It began on Wednesday and several people had their bears done by Thursday!  As I didn't know it was a race, I took my time to make every stitch perfect (well, maybe somewhat perfect).  More bears were "born" on Friday. But I plodded along with quality pointers and assistance.    The hardest part for me was actually threading the needle.  I could not see the eyelet.  I felt like a kid going to their grandma having the needle threaded every time I ran out.  But I persevered, and so did Donna.  By Saturday noon, we had another bear with movable arms, legs and head.


The craft instructor, Diane (center) gave me an old "Thumbs Up!"


Now to make it some proper clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment